Charitable status granted
The Sheerness Dockyard Preservation Trust (SDPT) has recently acquired charitable status. This means work can begin on transferring ownership of the Dockyard Church from the Spitalfields Trust to the SDPT.
Once ownership has been transferred the trust will start building upon the foundations that have already been laid with relevant stakeholders and quickly work towards finalising our bid for funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
We would like to thank all our supporters for all the donations, words of encouragement and support over the last year or so and we look forward to working with you as we strive to restore such an important local, indeed national, heritage site.
- Mar 17, 2017 Tales from the Dockyard Church – reminiscence project Mar 17, 2017
- Jan 6, 2017 SDPT makes room for 'Room' Jan 6, 2017
- May 9, 2017 Delight as Trust achieves round 1 pass for Heritage Lottery funding May 9, 2017
- Jan 6, 2017 Milestone reached as £4.75M funding bid is submitted Jan 6, 2017
- May 20, 2015 Charitable status granted May 20, 2015